Calisso Aristocratic Line
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.
✱ Delivery time up to 8 weeks.
You will receive a message as soon as we dispatch the goods.
The Japanese all-rounder.
Get a piece of Japan in your kitchen!
It is no coincidence that top chefs all over the world swear by the very wide and very thin utility knife, which translated means something like "The three virtues". Both fish, meat and vegetables you cut with the filigree blade razor fine. The attractive eye-catcher, which convinces with long-lasting sharpness and exceptional breakage resistance, will become your faithful companion in no time.
This is where the Santoku shines:
- Cuts meat, fish and vegetables with ease
- Japanese blade shape appreciated by beginners to professionals
- Wide blade as a support surface for transporting cut items
- Excellent blade control and performance due to perfectly balanced center of gravity and incredibly sharp blade
- Gossamer-thin slices due to particularly flat cutting angle of 8°
This is what distinguishes the Aristocratic Line:
- The hammered blade not only looks stunning, but also ensures that the cut material easily falls off the blade and does not stick. This provides a unique cutting experience and saves time.
- The distinctive mother-of-pearl ring made of abalone shell and the rigorously selected desert ironwood provide an exceptional look.
- Each knife - a unique piece. The Damascus grain and the unique structure of the abalone shell are different in each knife.
- The notches in the handle nestle in every hand and ensure particularly comfortable and safe handling even during long cooking sessions.
- Best cutting result for left and right-handed, due to flat grinding of the blade on both sides and universal handle.
- The Aristocratic Line is durable and stable from the core to the outside, as the steel has been treated to the highest standards under vacuum at 1100 °C. Therefore, this blade has a high degree of hardness of 61 ± 1 HRC.
- The blade maintains the sharpness for particularly long time, due to the fact that each knife is quenched at -180 °C.
Calisso damask knives are characterized by superior quality and a distinctive cutting experience.
89 layers of Damascus steel (10Cr15CoMoV steel core + 88 layers)
Second-quality abalone shell paired with select desert ironwood
61 ± 1 HRC
Handle length: 129 mm
Blade length: 194 mm
Knife length: 323 mm
Height: 44 mm
Width: 2.8 mm
Weight: 234 g
The corrosion resistance is given by our polishing of the knife for a long time. Nevertheless, a Care oil can help to protect the blade. This also leads to the fact that food residues are easier to remove.
Not suitable for chopping bones.
Not dishwasher safe.
Read here the Care instructions
Instructions for proper use: Download